Incoming and Outgoing

During the Month of Letters challenge I received some lovely mail, some of which I posted previously. This one arrived after that posting and I wish I had thought to take a photo before I opened it, but I love getting mail so much that I tend to get impatient to see what wonderful words await me inside. I was careful with this one, though. I didn’t want to destroy her drawing!

DSCN4592

She knew I was missing the ocean, so she drew a seascape scene for me on the envelope! How sweet is that?! The letter is from a lovely girl that was in a car accident just a few days after this arrived. She is doing better now, after surgery for a broken hip. She will need physical therapy and the road to recovery may be long, but she’s young and the prognosis is very good.

I sent a letter on on of these 6 x 6 multi fold cards to a pen friend and she asked if I sold them because she wanted some. No, I don’t’ sell them, but I was more than happy to make some for her. I made matching envelopes that are 1/4” thick, because the cards are thicker than a normal card. The envelope for the first one has similar colors but doesn’t match the card because I got the idea for matching envelopes AFTER I made the cards and then realized I didn’t have any more of that paper.

DSCN4583

There are 12 panels in all for writing on and I couldn’t find a good way to photograph all of them, but this is one section. The other sections are the same. I cut 5” x 5” pieces from thinner white card stock for  the panels on all of the cards but one, which was plain green on the opposite side. You can’t really write a letter on patterned paper :-)

DSCN4587

I’m sure you recognize the “hello” die, and I used washi tape for the stripes.

DSCN4588

This “hello” die is from the same die set by My Favorite Things. More washi tape. The edge of the card looks like it’s dirty, but it’s actually part of the design in the paper. It’s a Basic Grey design and although I love their paper, I wish they would leave off with the “distressed” edges.

DSCN4589

This one is made from some Stampin’ Up patterned paper I couldn’t live without quite some time ago. I love the design, but never found a good use for it, until now. I don’t have any brown washi tape (oh, NO, Mr. Bill!), so I used strips of the same paper on the front of the card. I haven’t actually seen much brown washi tape, but I will keep looking. This situation must be remedied!

DSCN4591

The Month of Letters challenge was wonderful and I have found several new pen friends. I am still a little behind in replies, but I’m working on it. There are still several more people I want to write to, as well, so I guess I should get busy!

 

Thanks for stopping by. I know we will all be glad when this winter is over - stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment