Card making and letter writing united

Thanks to a recent letter from a friend, I’ve found a way to satisfy both of my addictions - card making and letter writing. A2 cards don’t have enough room to write much, so I usually end up adding extra pages inside. That works, but I like this plan better. Here is the letter/card I received.

A gorgeous photo of poppies on the front -

fourfold2

Opened up and laid flat it looks like this on one side:

fourfold3

This is how it folds:

fourfold4fourfold1

She included some lovely photos from her recent trip, and there was still enough room to write a short letter. Since I am usually a bit more long winded in my letter writing, if I leave off the photos there is plenty of room for writing a long, rambly letter! It’s an 8-1/2” x 11” sheet of card stock, scored down the center both ways - at 5-1/2 on the 11” length, and 4-1/4 on the 8” length.

I made a couple of really simple card fronts and added them to different card stocks. White would, of course, work best, but any plain colored card stock would be fine. So, I made one from some yellow card stock and another with white.

DSCN4186DSCN4190

Here is the yellow one opened up - maybe this will make more sense about how to cut and fold it. After scoring it, just cut in half way on the 5-1/2” score line.

DSCN4188DSCN4192DSCN4189

This one is made with some Lasting Impressions card stock, patterned on one side and white on the other, but still not too busy to write on.

DSCN4191

They will fit in a standard A2 envelope and may not even require extra postage! It would be a great way to include some photos in a card and still have room for the writing. I will have to practice writing straight without lines, but I think it’ll be ok. I could have printed lines before scoring and cutting, and I might try that at some point but for now I’m happy with this design.

Thanks for the inspiration, Stephanie!

Stamps - Hero Arts
Dies - Hero Arts (speech bubble), My Favorite Things (hello)
Ink - Hero Arts Mid-Tones: Bubble Gum, Field Greens, Butter Bar, Cornflower

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! but i dont usually rite so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I wish I'd followed my heart and made a drawing card following that pattern. Yours is very pretty, as usual. :) The colors are delicious!

    ReplyDelete